There has been an upsurge in household robberies in recently. Hopefully, everyone can be on their guard. Our local Sergeant, Sgt Rob Goodwin has sent us these key points…
- There is a cluster of offences in the “New Beckenham” area. This is reflected in daily tasking patrols for the 24 hour response teams as well as the SNT.
- Leaflets have been sent out to all residents in the Kings Hall Road / Lennard Road / Reddons Road / Aldersmead Road area setting out best ways to prevent burglaries.
- The SNT have been conducting joint operations with British Transport Police at Penge East, Kent House and Lower Sydenham stations.
- Two recent arrests have been made by the Penge SNT, both for street robbery; one on 21/11/2012 at Jasmine Grove for a robbery on a train between Penge West and Anerley, and the second was on 23/11/2012 at Kent House BR Station also for robbery, after commuters detained the suspect as he tried to flee.
- The SNT teams across the NW of the borough (Copers Cope, Shortlands, Clock House, Kelsey & Eden and CrystalPalace) have joined up with Penge SNT to provide a 10am – 2am cover of these areas reacting to incidents and as importantly being proactive in the crime hit areas.
- Extra police officers are being brought in on certain days to utilise the ANPR (Automated Number Plate Reader) systems installed on High Street SE20 and Anerley Hill SE19. Cars / vans flagged up as possibly containing known criminals are stopped and searched – and their activities disrupted.
- Those being released from prison are being visited at their release addresses within a week of being released to ram home their responsibilities and the implications of re-offending.
- “Operation Hawk” is the MPS response to proactively investigate drugs addresses. Three search warrants have been conducted over the past three weeks.
- As a result of efforts being made by forensic officers at the scenes of burglaries, offenders are being circulated as wanted in connection with a number of local burglaries and resources are being allocated to get these people arrested.
- Please visit the MPS “virtual house tour” to obtain crime prevention advice http://content.met.police.uk/Site/virtualhousetour
- Please call police should you see anyone acting suspiciously in residential areas. A call like this has literally just resulted in the arrest of two burglars in St Pauls Cray. Dial 999 in an emergency.
- Please call the Penge & Cator SNT if you have any non-emergency concerns, on 07843 065 880 . You can e mail us at Penge.Cator.SNT@met.police.uk .