It is not often that money becomes available to spend on High Streets but when Cllr Kathy Bance heard that a small pot of “one-off” money was available to tidy the place up, we quickly went into negotiation with council officers to see what we could do locally. The money was specifically for capital spend.
As a result, the council will be
• Improving the pavement on the High Street on the Tesco stretch
• Renewing the bitumen behind the bus stop on Croydon Road and replacing the rubbish bin with a larger sturdy new one
• Purchase and planting of a live Christmas tree and replacement of the small Lime tree which was knocked down some time ago – all on the crooked Billet bus circle
• Installation and removal of Christmas tree lights
• Flower towers (already in situ)
• And installing more Penge Identity signs.
We would always hope for more but whenever thee is the chance to spend money locally, your local councillors will fight to secure the best deal for Penge. We’d like to thank all those who helped.