A consortium of sixteen London Borough of Bromley councillors and community organisations submitted a petition yesterday 23.12.2014 to Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, calling for a Sunday service on the 354 bus route.
The submission letter and supporting documents may be viewed here: http://groupspaces.com/Passengersfirst/item/845547
Key facts about the 354 bus route
- Runs from Bromley to Penge via Beckenham.
- Serves local communities that are otherwise remote (up to a mile distant) from the bus network.
- Covers seven route miles for a point-to-point distance of three miles by main road.
- Provides over 670,000 passenger journeys per year (2012/13).
- The most cost efficient route of its type.
o Achieves the best per passenger cost of all TfL low frequency bus routes that do not operate a Sunday service. (£1.23 per passenger journey)
- More cost efficient than many routes that operate seven day services.
o Achieves lower per passenger costs than many TfL low frequency routes that operate a seven day service, including all four routes that terminate in Bromley town centre.